Trade shows can be overwhelming. With so many decisions to make and strategies to think through, sometimes the most frustrating part of the process is the picking of the perfect booth for your team. The task can be a big one: deciphering the booth-naming lingo, scouring through all the trade show booth designs, selecting one that may or may not suit all your needs, and making sure it fits your budget.
It’s like anything else; if you don’t do it every day, it can be a challenge. At Flywheel, we continually study the anatomy of successful trade show booths so that you don’t have to!
In this guide, we break it down into 3 sections:
- Your Checklist — Although this checklist is designed for everyone, we especially wanted to have this front and center for the grab-n-go folks.
- Your Guide — We take the sections of the checklist and drill down, giving you greater detail and food for thought when it comes to making your unique brand stand out.
- Your Results — Another quick-print, this section outlines your analysis. It is also a debriefing blueprint for your team. (Make notes before, during and after the trade show for the most in-depth analysis.)
TRADE SHOW COMING UP? CONSIDER THESE MARKETING TOOLS!
YOUR MUST-HAVE TRADE SHOW DISPLAY ELEMENTS CHECKLIST
- Fit the space and can you reuse it for other shows?
- Have indoor/outdoor durability?
- Require more than one person to set it up or tear it down?
- Limit the number of people who can stop by at one time?
- Require extra lighting, displays or furniture?
- Accommodate the technology you want to use?
- Allow you to display and/or store your print materials and giveaways?
- Include extra storage space?
- Have the potential to impose on your neighbors?
- Require a special vehicle or service for transport?
- Have enough space for your team members working the booth?
- Fit your brand standards?
- Appeal to your audience?
- Help your brand stand out?
- Communicate your message clearly?
- Make your audience feel welcome?
- Provide space for lengthier conversations to take place?
- Offer interactive elements?